Don’t let Anthony Devaldivia fool you. When we met up with him near his hometown of Plantation, Florida, he told us he built his ‘65 C10 to be a cruiser. Sure, it looks the part on the outside – aired out on the ground, bad ass billet wheels, just the right amount of patina. The usual cruiser cues. But when Anthony lifted that first gen C10 clamshell hood, the truth was revealed instantly.
“I bought the truck from a buddy on my first anniversary with my girlfriend. It was in great shape and had the stock 283 with 3 on the tree. Over the years, it’s gone through many changes to get to its current set up.” For starters, the 5.3L LS engine was swapped in for more go-power and reliability and certainly provides much bigger smiles than the flatlining 283 cubic inch small block ever did. Holley Terminator EFI was added for precision – and tunable – fuel and air metering, as well as control of the built 4L60E transmission. All of this is nice, but that On 3 Performance turbo hanging off the passenger side Action Speed Shop header is where the action is. We are big believers in the turbo LS movement and fully agree with Anthony’s choice of power adder. He didn’t give us any dyno numbers, but if I had to take a guess, this combo should be good for an easy 700HP on pump gas. That’s a lot of fun, right there!
Underneath the unassuming bodywork, you’ll find a set of stock frame rails updated with Porterbuilt Dropmembers, with the Extreme flavor up front. Slam Specialty bags and KYB shocks round out the suspension and a CPP rack and pinion setup helps keep the truck between the ditches. AZ Pro Performance C5-style big brakes front and rear provide the whoa for all that go.
Looking around the underside, you’ll also find the quintessential Boyd Welding fuel tank with Aeromotive fuel pump, as well as the 4L60E trans with 3,800 RPM stall FTI torque converter and billet upgrades. A custom driveshaft from Anthony’s buds at Broward Powertrain sends power to the original rear end that has been enhanced with a Yukon posi, 3.73 gears, and chromemoly axles. Accuair eLevel air management and VT air tank along with dual Viair compressors keep the ‘65 sitting at the perfect height for any occasion.
As you come back up for air, the Raceline Billet wheels reach out and grab your attention like Tannerite on a quiet winter’s night. Measuring in at 22×9”, their C10 model wheels are a stunning choice for this truck and complement the body lines perfectly.
Inside the cockpit, a Snowden bench seat and custom door panels were clad in distressed black by the masterful chaps at E3 Upholstery of Pompano Beach, Florida. The interior surroundings are further enhanced by Vintage Air climate control, Cool C10 vents, Lokar shifter and pedals, Dakota Digital gauges, and the classic wood-rimmed cruiser steering wheel.
“Since riding in my uncle’s F100 as a kid, I‘ve always wanted an old truck.” While his uncle’s taste in trucks may be questionable, Anthony undoubtedly made a great decision when he saw the Bowtie light beaming brightly. All jokes aside, the 5 years this truck has been under construction has no doubt been the catalyst for many friendships in Anthony’s world. Here’s to you, Slammered Danny, Harvey from Hutch’s Welding, Paige, Mike Cannella, and Anthony Cavanaugh! Y’all are the superstar crew that everyone wishes for!
Anthony Devaldivia ‘65 C10
- 2006 5.3L LS assembled by Lujan Motorsports in Miami, FL
- Brain Tooley Racing stage 3 camshaft
- Holley intake manifold
- On 3 Performance Turbo
- Action Speed Shop headers
- Custom 3” titanium exhaust by Hutch’s Welding
- Holley valve covers
- Holley Terminator X Max EFI
- Champion aluminum radiator
- 4L60E transmission with billet upgrades and heavy duty clutches
- FTI 3,800 RPM stall torque converter
- Custom driveshaft by Broward Powertrain
- Boyd Welding fuel tank
- Earl’s AN fittings and fuel plumbing
- Aeromotive fuel pump
- Stock frame with Porterbuilt front Extreme Dropmember and rear Dropmember
- Accuair eLevel air management
- Accuair VT air tanks
- Dual Viair compressors
- Stock rear axle with Yukon posi differential, 3.83:1 ring & pinion, and Yukon chromemoly axles
- Slam Specialty air bags, front & rear
- KYB shocks
- Drilled & slotted rotors with C5 Corvette calipers, front & rear
- Wilwood master cylinder and proportioning valve
- CPP drop spindles
- Flaming River rack & pinion
- Raceline Billet C10 wheels, 22x9 front & rear
- Nitto tires
- Porterbuilt hood hinges
- Dakota Digital gauges
- Vintage Air climate control
- Cool C10 dash vents
- Lokar pedals
- Snowden bench seat and custom door panels by E3 Upholstery, Pompano Beach, FL