Scott Hampton, a passionate truck enthusiast from the American Heartland – Clayton, Indiana – has made his mark with his rad patina 1958 GMC 100. This unique build by Stoner Speed Shop showcases the dedication and craftsmanship that goes into creating a truly exceptional truck.
Scott’s Apache features a reliable and powerful GM Connect and Cruise 495hp LS3 engine. It retains its authentic appeal while offering impressive performance. The truck has a distinctive exhaust note thanks to Hooker manifolds, in-house crafted, custom stainless exhaust, and Borla mufflers. The 6L80E transmission ensures crisp shifts and sends power to the Quick Performance 9’’ rear axle. With a GSI Full Air Ride chassis, Ridetech shocks, and Wilwood Pro spindles, the truck offers a comfortable ride and killer handling. Safety is prioritized with a comprehensive Wilwood braking system. The entire package is rounded out with 20’’ Detroit Steel Wheels John R wheels, Diamondback Redline tires, and a cozy interior by Boss Interior.
As a family man, Scott’s wife has been a constant supporter of his hobby, With their children grown and out of the house, he has dedicated more time to his other business, a Harley shop, and recently acquired machine shop. While Scott’s truck collection spans various body styles from the 1950’s to the present day, this 1958 GMC definitely stands out in his garage.
SCOTT HAMPTON • ‘58 GMC
- Built by Stoner Speed Shop
- GM Connect and Cruise 495hp LS3
- LS Classics intake, throttle body adapter, and stock style air cleaner
- Boyd Welding aluminum fuel tank
- Stock GM Connect and Cruise engine management and ECU
- Hooker manifolds, in house dual stainless exhaust by Stoner’s Speed Shop using JMD tubing and Borla Mufflers
- 6L80E transmission
- Quick Performance 9’’ rear end with 3.70 ring & pinion
- GSI full air bag chassis
- Ridetech shocks
- Wilwood Pro Spindles
- Big Wilwood brakes all the way around
- Wilwood master cylinder
- Airlift 3H air management system with all stainless hardlines
- Dual Viair compressors
- FLO air tank
- 20’’ John R wheels from Detroit Steel Wheels
- Redline tires from Diamondback Classic
- Carpet, seat, door panels, and headliner by Joel Mattix at Boss Interior
- Kicker audio components
- Interior and engine bay paint by Ben Harrington
- Dakota Digital custom gauges
- Vintage Air climate control
- The truck was brought to Blake at Stoner’s Speed Shop on two pallets - one had the GMC truck body parts and the other pallet had all the chassis components. He put the GSI front half, back half and the custom middle section GSI together to make a complete chassis. Once the chassis was rolling everything else went together great because it was such a clean truck.